1. Our pregnancy
a. Conception: 1977 (around then!)
- 1987: structured and pictorial approach to understanding the person commences.
- 1989: the current circles developed.
2. Our Birth
- 1994, Easter weekend (5th April) Opening of 1st Christian Wholeness Counselling Centre, Greenslopes, Brisbane, Queensland,Australia. (John Warlow, Meg Perkins and Coral Palmer)
3. Childhood: Our 1st Phase 5 years
- The development of the “Christian Wholeness Counselling Services”, with monthly meetings, annual retreats
- 1998, divided into 4 centres ( 2 of them becoming independent, under Meg Perkins and Coral Palmer)
4. Our Teenage crisis
- 1999. Our hardest time. The group of about 12 quickly disbands, leaving Pat Dunford, Carolyn Russell, Peter Brown, John Warlow.
5. Teenage and adulthood: Our 2nd 9 years
- Development of Executive: Carolyn Russell, Peter Brown, John Warlow.
- New Logo
- 2002: 1st O/nite annual retreat
- 2004: Web starts
- 2004: Release of Framework in Singapore (repeated in 2006)
- 2004: 1st book. “Wholly coping” (Peter Stebbins and John Warlow)
- 2005: 1st DVD on Christian Wholeness Counselling Competencies for professional counselors
- 2006: CWC Services commences links with Asia
- 2006: failed attempts to release framework into some Brisbane churches, as “Living the Great Commandment”.
- 2007: Last annual retreat, and a hard year
- 2007: 2nd DVD on Christian Wholeness Counselling Competencies for professional counselors.
6. Our Midlife Crisis: 2008, 14 years old.
- A major change of emphasis (form service provision) to education. Thus, a…
- Stopping of executive, memberships, annual retreats, monthly meetings.
- Commencement of opening up access of the CWF to all, with availability of accreditation.
- Making the CWF more available within the public domain, rather than restricting it through legal channels, and protective intellectual laws. (There is an appropriate concern regarding standards, through accredited web sites etc, while also seeking the primary aim of “getting the CWF out there”, even if it is through “non genuine” “look a likes.”
- The crystallising of the CWF (Christian Wholeness Framework), especially by liaison fellow travelers (the original membership, and the current board), and articulated in the 2nd DVD, in 2007.
- The rapid uptake of the CWF in places which lacked an integrated approach (eg developing Asia), compared to places rich in counseling models (eg Australia, Singapore). This lead to
- The desire to get the CWF “out there”, as ongoing searches for a similar approach continued to be unfruitful, (otherwise, “why reinvent the wheel?”)
- The open doors, and fertile soil to release the CWF in developing Asia, and in the context of mission to poorer countries, through the Lausanne Movement (Care and Counsel working party)
- The need for a new structure, which was releasing rather than restricting in quality and quantity (which membership had started to become). The new structure is based more on anyone who wants to participate can do.
- The need for a new format which was releasing. This was thought to be to primarily to provide web based learning, and opportunities of conferences and accreditation on an international basis.
- Releasing of the CWF into men’s people helper ministry:“Band of Brothers” (Andy Pocock).
- Releasing of CWF (in a simpler format) to a young church plant (Impact Church) (Brisbane, western suburbs).
- Commencement of relationship with Wesley Institute, Sydney, to integrate the CWF into tertiary Christian counseling courses (diploma to masters).
- July. 1st “Board” meeting (John Warlow, Carolyn Russell, John Hart, Inga Hart) and also with Andy Pocock (“Band of Brothers”, catalysed by CWF)
- 9/8/08 New web released at annual conference
- Preparation for UK conference, early 09 and for submission of CWF to Lausanne working party, Mexico, Jan 2009